Thursday, September 01, 2005

Reasons Why this morning just Rocks my Socks

1. I stopped off for gas this morning - because I am a chicken and avoided the mess at the gas pumps last night. Premium was 2.98 a gallon - and I filled it up. No drama, no line, took 10 minutes including the wait for the little old lady with bright red lipstick in front of me.

2. Father Patty came and blessed the house. I think it is a Catholic thing, but my home feels safe again. As he was sprinkling water on every room with my pastry brush - I felt a calm come over me at last.

3. During dinner (which included some excellent Mesquite Brisket) Father recieved a call from Peter... and then said Peter calls him all the time. Justin and I started laughting - we can sure pick them, we choose the one priest who has a direct line to Saint Peter and can allow his calls to go to voice mail!!

4. I got to listen to him talk about Dublin and Viking villages and coming to America and salad cream and a dozen other things that are just afscinating. I cannot wait to have him come back - he was SO much fun and I am a sucker for that Irish accent. Maybe it is something in my genetics--the irresistability of the Gaelic burr...who knows. I could have listened to him read the dictionary all night.

5. I fell asleep with a VO and Coke Zero in my hand, while my husband worked on the computer...pretty excellent way to fall asleep.

6. This morning it was FINALLY in the 60s when I got up. Feels like decent weather for the first time in ages - the air was cool, birds were singing .....and the neighbor whose family is here from Mississippi had a yard full of howling hunting dogs who were not my responsibility to quiet.

7. Jacob has a girlfriend...there is a little girl in his class who sends him " I love you " notes - and for once he knows for sure that he has a friend in class. AHHHH fifth grade love.

8. They accidentally schedule both nurses to teach a class this morning - only one is needed so I have four hours at work to catch up - after I finish this post naturally.

9. I had Chik-Fil-a for breakfast....and a Diet Dr. Pepper to complete a nearly perfect morning.

10. I got to kiss all three kids and my husband good bye this morning - and I am a lucky woman.

1 comment:

Dora said...

Just out of curiosity - what is Fr Patty's last name?