Tuesday, September 20, 2005

When Tuesday is a Monday

Had the day off yesterday because I had to teach class on Saturday.
Today is an important day - and I have a post for later, but I'm keeping it as a draft for a bit.

I got to the Social Security office at 8:40 - sat for three hours - then the nice lady gave me a receipt - and I now bear my husband's last name. No sense rushing things - it's only been FIVE months.

Found out that the license branch and tag office is closed on Mondays - so I did not get my license - no problem I am only 11 months late getting it done! I'm sure the nice officer will understand.

Justin took my car to run an errand for me on Sunday - and a 16 year old girl t-boned the car - making this another Prizm tragedy. I am starting to wonder about this car, no one has gotten hurt, but it seems to draw trouble:
March '05 Jerra hits a curb and dents the rim
April '05 car gets a new engine because the pistons are locked up on the old one
May '05 Tire blows out on interstate - car hits embankment - car is totalled
July '05 car is repaired and ready to go
September '05 Justin is driving this time - car gets passenger side squished in

I am going to try an audiopost tomorrow morning so that you can hear the baby goats - our computer at home has decided to keep the downloaded pictures - so I will just have to let you hear them instead. They are named now: Bubba, Norbert, Little Bit - all together I bet they don't weigh 20 pounds - but the are just darling - and they are eating all the poison ivy - so they are earning their keep.

Jake and I put in a 4X4 post near the pecan tree - so finally there is a hammock in the back yard - it looks great and he is the king of the post-hole digger!

No comments: