Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Just Stuff

Now that I live in the South, it seems that I am doing a lot of my teaching using my hands - and people actually LOOK at them. So I am compelled to keep my nails polished - since I work outside whenever I can and even scrubbing won't hide the stains on my nails.This morning, I polished my nails at my desk and committed the ultimate sin- I didn't put the lid back on tightly - so now my office smells like acetone - or a crack factory - I don't know - and there is a lovely sunset pink stripe down the center of my desk. But I missed coating my white lab jacket - so it could have been much worse. And my nails look much better.

We are going to the county fair tonight - I am so cheating on you Mr Atkins - an Elephant ear is in my future.

Justin found good herbal fly repellent for my baby goats, so I will be able to avoid the fate of the last two days - washing away fly babies from in between the goats toes and off their fur. Pretty much the most disgusting task ever. I won't accost you with the details - though I am sending Summer an e-mail to get some muchneeded help.

I forgot to record the goats this morning (thanks to YoJ for directing me to audiopost)- so I will try to remember it at lunch time

Bear met someone - outside her normal group of friends - only to find he went to high school with her group of friends. We'll see - he is meeting us at the fair.

The boys are doing well this morning - both alarms went off and they made it to school.

And last but not least - Tammy loaned us her husband last night and he worked some magic on our poor old home PC - thanks, man, I know you probably wanted to get home, but you helped us out anyway. Maybe I'll be able to post some pictures in the near future!

3 comments:

nunya said...

My husband was at your house last night??? (grin)

Loner said...

oops secrets out!

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Here in the South, fab nails are the law! We all look at each other's nails, and judge each other by them!

I spend hours of anguish over my nails.