Friday, October 14, 2005

Ready for a Do-Over


First thing this morning, after noting that the goats looked better last night I found Little Bit lethargic and as soon as I picked him up he was crying. This is what he looked like yesterday - hard to believe. I left him in Justin's capable hands- but no mother wants to hand her kids off to someone else when they are sick - no matter how capable.

Then I went to clean out the Prizm and turn it over to the insurance company - and I ripped the seam in my pants
This shift in Karma happened yesterday - I dropped the bridge I was building yesterday while trying to get it across the creek - and I have a bruise the size of Montana on my shoulders.

Then after working on some things outside, I went in to start working - there is always so much to do. I got two rooms done, cooked dinner, put away the dishes, washed the rugs - then was ready to settle in, fold laundry and watch a bit of TV. Comcast came by yesterday and turned off my cable - even though I sent them an electronic payment - and called them two days in a row - stupid. Spent 45 mninutes on the phone with Comcast trying to get things straightened out.

Sleep did not come quickly

I feel like I was hit by a Mack Truck - and I have to finish getting the house cleaned up. Ibuprofen has made it tolerable - but I really need a nap.

I am leaving work at noon - stopping for chocolate - then heading home to get ready for the weekend. TGIF.

3 comments:

Jammie J. said...

"stopping for chocolate" ... LOL, hey, a girl's gotta have priorities. I hear you on that one.

You know what, my fig tree is confused, I think. It has new leaf buds. Isn't it supposed to start losing it's leaves for winter? What's yours doing?

SJ said...

A bruise the size of Montana? Really? Wow. You should be on Scrubs!

Can I have some chocolate...?

Loner said...

Hey J- My fig tree seems to be done for the season - I got a crop in April and then another in September, though. Now that it is in the 50's at night I doubt there will be any more.

And yes, Ian, you can have some chocolate... I'll share.