Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Goat herder

Well, again this morning I went out, the baby goats are just bleating their little heads off - until I go get the phone to post - then they are quiet as church mice. When I bring the phone back inside - you guessed it - they started up again.

At that moment I realized they are definitely Loners and have acquired my children's sense of humor.

Sheba - our Boer goat kid - has decided that she likes duck feed much better than goat feed. Great - so now the ducks are eating the expensive feed with the oats and hard wheat and molasses - she in turn is eating the cracked corn. Not the sharpest tool in the drawer.

In other news, I perfected southwest eggrolls last night - served them with chili- found a great recipe that was just shredded beef, white corn kernels, black beans and taco seasoning plus about a teaspoon of sugar - they were really yummy.

Sara Evans was on the radio this morning - and when she described what she cooks - I discovered that I am a low-country cook - with the exception of greens because I just don't know how to make them well. Glad to fit in a category.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you those damn egg rolls were sweet...you were all "it must be somthing in the beans." DORK

Loner said...

Bear, Honey, don't say Damn....