Thursday, October 27, 2005

For Burb... and every other person who has to use a public potty during the day

Bathroom Rules: ( not suggestions, RULES)

1. Do not speak to other people who are trying to use the restroom
2. If you came to do Number 2, try to find another restroom that has only one toilet
3. Put paper down on the seat - trust me, you want to
4. If you hear a funny noise, don't laugh, instead pretend like you didn't hear anything
5. Pick up any paper you dropped on the floor and put it in the toilet
6. Flush the toilet when you are done - using your foot is best
7. Wash your hands - use the paper towel to turn off the faucet
8. If someone was making funny noises, turn the water all the way up to drown out the noise
9. Do not start a conversation with others washing thier hands, smile politely
10. Use a paper towel to open the door to the restroom - DO NOT touch the handle


Burb and YoJ have both posted about people who talk to them while in the restroom - don't these people have parents? It is hard enough to pee in a room with a stranger - or a co worker, let alone pee while having a conversation. (Mothers of multiple children are exempt from this altruism, we are used to a crowded room when we try to pee).

7 comments:

J said...

Hahah! That's true! But did you know that the bathroom door handle is the *least* dirtiest place in the restroom? Tis true, saw it on 20/20. :) hahahaha.

And man, I can't *remember* what it was like to go potty by myself, let alone without little fingers wiggling under the door. hahah!

Anvilcloud said...

At Ikea (do you have Ikea?) they have special paper liners for you to put over the seat.

Loner said...

See YoJ - we mom's are exempt - you got an early start with just the Monkey!

And thank you AC - ever coming to my rescue - now I have an excuse for goin to IKEA!!!! Wahooo!

hedlund said...

And here I thought I was the only one using paper towels to open the bathroom door...
Life gets real difficult when there's hand dryers.

nunya said...

I work with senior citizens....they have no bathroom etiquette, and STILL haven't learned I don't want to have a conversation while I'm in there!

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

*snort* with three kids I have whole tea parties in the bathroom while trying to pee.

You ought to hear me in the public potties though with the kids. I'm constantly shreaking "Don't touch that! Don't sit there! Don't put your toy there!" Or my most used one... "Aughhh, oh gross."

:)

nunya said...

Oh, and I have two words I want to add to this: MERCY FLUSH