Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ill Winds

I got a call from my folks last night, seems that while they were on vacation the police came looking for me at their house.

Now I will readily admit that while the Ogre was interfering with my life, there were two - count em two warrants for my arrest - both for failure to appear in court. The first one was for a check that bounced when he cleared out my accounts - I paid it - but it was still turned into the prosecutors office - when they sent me a letter - the Ogre kept it -hoping I would get arrested. Luckily I found out about it and took care of it .

The other one I found out about on a moving day when the police came and arrested me. There had been a judgment against me on a bill left over form the 90's when Jake had brain surgery - something I didn't even know about. When I didn't show up at court ( again the notice being sent to the Ogre) they issued a warrant. Trying to stay within the law, I had stopped by the Sheriff's office to file a complaint that the Ogre kept violating the no-contact order - they came by to get me about a half hour later - and as usual, he didn't get arrested.

Given this bit of recent history, you can imagine that I am not in a hurry to see what the police are after. I did a little digging, though, and it looks like the little Japanese women that my daughter was in a wreck with are suing the Ogre and Bear. He wanted to make sure these papers got served (jerk) so they are trying to reach us through my folks.

I hate that they get tied up in this - I hate that I still feel like I have to hide may address and come upon things second or third-hand - instead of getting information right from the source.

Most of all, I HATE that the Ogre gets to stay in Lafayette, doesn't get arrested when he breaks the law, and seems to always have some advantage when it comes to the legal system. Most of all on the HATE list is that he just won't go away - time goes by but thoughts of him - or dealing with him, or threats of him continue to seep into my life.

When my mom called me last night - I also checked the obituary pages, hoping against hope that finally he was gone and my nightmare was over...

1 comment:

SJ said...

Hang in there, Loner. One day he will be.