Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Crossing my fingers



First and foremost - I think my folks are REALLY coming to see us this weekend. We have been here 13 months and with the chemo they couldn't come down to visit - or for the wedding - or for anything - so FINALLY they are coming on Saturday. I am SO excited to show them around. We have a brunch planned for Sunday afternoon for my family - and Justin's family to finally meet. OF course this was great planning because if they don't all like each other, it is too late now because I am keeping him - he's the good husband. I have Friday afternoon off so I'll have some time to get things taken care of at the house just in time for company . I am sure that Scruffy - pictured with my folks - will just love Kitten Bob - who is currently terrorizing the parakeets.




Second - we moved boxes out of the room where my folks are going to sleep - thought they's prefer a bed to the pile of boxes for sleeping- and I am keenly aware of my age. We got it done fast, but now I need more Ibuprofen

Third -things for Jerra have been much better - her post yesterday confirmed her resilience. Do you ever look at your kids and think - wow I must have done something right because this is a great kid. Yep, I think that all the time.

Fourth - the condition of the goats is guarded - but after five days of antibiotics and all the alternative medicine I know to provide, they are eating heartily and have been more active - though the lungs still sound yucky ( yep that's a medical term) Hopefully they will continue to heal and get back to being healthy.

1 comment:

Thoughts From Serenity said...

You are so good at these posts!! Pictures and everything!! Wow..I'm impressed. I told you NOT to go fussing around. We are coming to see YOU and are not worried about where we are sleeping (it's only one night!) or anything. Just anxious to see you all and watch some football games! Yea!!! So glad to hear the little goats are still doing okay. Also glad Jerra is okay too. Not sure about that group. Hope she finds her very very OWN new people soon.
See you Saturday! Somewhere! :)