Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Trusting my Gut - even though I don't want to...

Actually, I trust my instincts - but I don't believe they are accidental. It feels like God is whispering something to me - "I'm not trying to frighten you, but I want you to prepare and be ready for something, just in case."

I found out yesterday afternoon what it was that triggered my instincts. On Friday, the Japanese ladies that were in a car accident with my daughter two years ago filed suit for the remainder of their expenses. Both Dan the Ogre and my daughter are listed in the suit. This means that he will be PISSED beyond belief - a lawsuit means that he will have to part with more of his money. Additionally, he did not list me on the title of said wrecked vehicle - so I am not listed on the suit- and my daughter was a minor when it happened - so I think the burden will fall to him. And since money is the center of his universe - this will not sit well - based on past behavior - he will want money from me as well as revenge for dragging his name through the mud.

We fixed the locks - notified the neighbors - made sure that the restraining order is on file with the police and made sure the gun is loaded and the safety is off. I no longer think I am overreacting - I think he will hire someone to try to find us - and with a professional license and kids in school, I am not sure how "disappeared" I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poll respondents overwhelm site
An online opinion poll by The Reporter over the weekend regarding Cindy Sheehan's high-profile anti-war protest went awry after at least two battling Web logs implored their readers to vote multiple times to ...
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a internet domain name blog. It pretty much covers internet domain name related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anvilcloud said...

This is sounding pretty darn scary. I hope that nothing happens.

Lots of spam up above; they're out in force these days, silly buggers. You may want to try the Word Verification thing that I mentioned a few blogs ago.

Envoy-ette said...

You know...it's just like big business to send you something so STUPID...when things are quite serious for you.