Friday, August 05, 2005

Favorite things

I am starting to recover my brain after three horrendous weeks - but apparently last weekend I didn't have it together. I rolled over Sunday morning and told Justin that I should marry him because I love him so much. So the good news is that in my sleepy state, I thought I was having an affair with my husband - definitely a plus.

I am still way over excited about the weekend. I need a break - I know that my plight isn't unusual for working moms - but I am at the end of my rope and I need a break. My girlfriend at work relayed some hot spots to me and I am anxious for date night. Yahoo has this great travel section that lets you pick an address and search for nearby restaurants - very, very nice.

My cousin is graduating this weekend - two kids, a mortgage and a couple of husbands later - she is phenomenal and I have learned so much from her. My favorite suggestion from her - and a real life saver for me, was a gift box. I now have a big Rubbermaid bin that holds all of the presents I buy in advance of birthdays, babies, anniversaries, and Christmas. Thanks Christina - it has saved me a lot of looking. Stephanie's baby present is there, a Christmas present for Mom is there, and a couple of things for the boys are stashed , but I have no idea what they were.

Have you ever shopped Burt's Bees online? They make the world's best lip balm - but their other skin products are great as well. They have a "seconds" area on the website where I have gotten some fantastic deals. They will ship for free if you order more than $45. More importantly, they are environmentally friendly, using the profits to buy up forest to prevent development of those areas. The Poison Ivy soap is a godsend - and it works. I buy tons of it for after gardening. Click them and check it out.

Mother Earth News - their online spot will allow you to look for back articles about everything you ever wanted to know from making your own casket to canning heirloom tomatoes.

Freecycle is group on Yahoo! - they post unwanted items to save them from the trash. You can either clean out your garage or fill it up with other people's treasures. Reminds me of a garage sale via e-mail. Worth checking ot see if you have one locally.

Hopefully we will get the blog format updated this weekend - I have been checking out a load of new blogs and I hope to share the links with you!

4 comments:

Klop said...

here is hoping your special time with the hubby is exactly what you need!

you two lovebirds have fun. :-)

Hez said...

I have a gift box too. I love it. I was always trying to remember where I put something, now I just place it in there and know exactly where it is.

Hope you have a great time this weekend.

Lora said...

That's like seeing your husband in a crowd and not realizing immediately it's him and thinking "Dang, he's hot!" and then you realize it's him! Then you take him home and........

;)

Lora

Lora said...

That's like seeing your husband in a crowd and not realizing immediately it's him and thinking "Dang, he's hot!" and then you realize it's him! Then you take him home and........

;)

Lora