Monday, August 01, 2005

Fish in the Sea

This past weekend, Justin picked up Jake from football practice. They headed over to the gas station afterwards so that he could get a drink. The conversation went someting like this:
Counter Lady : Oh, are you playing football this year
Jake: yea
Justin: Yes Maam
Jake : Yes maam

Counter lady: are you enjoying it
Jake: Yes Maam

As they leave the store:
Jake: Justin, why do you always make me say "yes maam"?
Justin: Jake, it shows that you have good manners. Girls like it when you have good manners. That is what helped me land your momma.

Jake: OOOHHH, then I definitely need to say yes maam. I want to land me one of those!

Holy Moley, the things that child says.

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Gotta love that southern Maam thingie that y'all do down there.

Jammie J. said...

*laughs* That is so adorable! :)

Dale said...

I often use the word maam to show respect. I like it. But women here say it makes them feel old. I don't mean it that way, but that's how they take it here. Strange.