Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Flight of the Lunar Moth


Bedtime came not a moment too soon last night - I was tired and the feeling has returned to my tooth - so I was ready for a rest. The boys were tucked in bed when all of a sudden I saw something at the window - it looked like a hummingbird though I couldn't imagine why one would be at the window at 9 in the evening. Josh sprung out of bed and determined that it was a Lunar Moth. The boys stood at the window while the moth tried to get in. They went around to the front porch to get a better look - the moth had to be at least 6 inches long, the wings were phosphorescent - with a pale yellow "glow-in-the-dark" look. She was fantastic to watch.

As we came into the living room ,Josh was on the front porch getting a better look. She liked him and landed on his bare chest a couple of times as she continued to try to come into the house. Finally, we rounded everyone up and went back to bed while the moth continued to try to come in through the picture window. It was a lovely visit. I've never seen anything like her up close and wanted to share the picture with you.

IN other news - Wal-Mart found my pictures, but in the hurry to leave this morning and drop off SOMEONE who missed the bus - I forgot the disk, so I'll have to post the ducks and goats tomorrow.

My girlfriend in Dallas finally found a job - and in a blessing like Justin's last year - it was not what she expected, and she ended up making more money than she ever anticipated. God is very busy.

This morning I was rushing trying to get everyone dropped off before I had to be at work- traffic stinks with school back in session - so I wasn't sure I'd make it. All of a sudden traffic parted - and I lifted my eyes and told God - thanks - you are really good at that. And somewhere in the back of my mind I thought I heard Him laugh - Well, if I can part the Red Sea, surely I can make a break in traffic! I started laughing and surely the other driver thought I had lost it.

1 comment:

Dale said...

Cool moth pic! Good thing you're married to Justin and not Mick Jagger. A Rolling Stone gathers no moth.

Sorry. I can't resist a pun. Even a bad one.