Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Fixing the Crack in the Mirror

I come home after another long day
And peeling away the mud from the yard
I see my own reflection in the mirror

My face is happy- older but happy
the sun has kissed my shoulders
Making them shiny and brown

And as I ready for the shower, I see the parts
Of my own self that I am not happy with
And the happiness on my face is clouded

Irrational thoughts about parts that are out of balance
Skin hidden from sun and stretched from babies
I see myself, knowing it is a part of me - finding it repulsive

Then you come home as I am fresh from the shower
your face is salty from the heat
And you kiss me and say that you love me

Even when my soul is naked before you.

5 comments:

Munch said...

That is so sweet. You guys are soul mates and I think I've said it before but I can't help repeating it....
You two give me hope!

J said...

That was... breathtaking.

Badpatty said...

Honey, you are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You filled holes in my life that I refused to admit that I had. You are the reason that I look forward to coming home every day, you're the reason that I relish every moment while I'm here. You have brought joy into my life in a quantity that I didn't know was out there. I love you and I would do it over again a thousand times, if I could.

Bear said...

First...the comment before me...um...maybe I'm just having a blonde moment, but what the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China...how bout we stay on topic here. Second, ewww...Mom, do you HAVE to talk about being naked on the internet, ugh...grody. Third, you are a beautiful woman, inside and out...I love you and always will. I hope I can be just half the woman you are...not that way, I mean you are amazing, beautiful, strong, and amazing. I love you Momma. - Jerra

Badpatty said...

I'm with Bear, honey. I don't marry ugly chicks. You are truly beautiful. After only a little over a year, I can't imagine what the rest of my life would have been without you.