Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Angels Watching Over Me My Lord

I try not to ask for things unless I desperately need them - but I am asking you to pray for our protection. Jerra and I have both been having vivid nightmares about Dan, the ex husband who threatened to kill us - for the first time since November of last year. I am not sure what has triggered this, but I am genuinely scared that he has found us.

I have dismissed this feeling for a while - but last night someone came on our property and shot our goats and a duck who were all in the same pen at close range. Another duck has a wound that grazed the skin, but she seems to be alright. The pen in very close to the house - and it was not done accidentally - we think it was about 2 am when we heard someone outside.

A police report has been filed and Animal Control is investigating, but it still leaves us with a feeling of - violation- of fear - I don't know - I just feel like I want to sit down and cry.

We are frightened and I have done everything I know to do - it is up to God now to protect us and I am asking you to please talk to Him and ask him to protect us from this threat.

Sorry that this seems a bit dramatic - but please stop for a minute and ask God to send His Angels to surround the house and our family.

Thank you - Stace

8 comments:

J said...

Stace- I'm praying for your family & their safety. ((HUG))

Zette said...

I'm praying it was nothing more than a random act of ignorance and violence, where such stupidity is least needed. Be safe. I pray you will be safe.

Envoy-ette said...

I just finished praying for you and your family. I'm sending you something by e-mail...so please give a look.

Anvilcloud said...

Let's hope that the cops are taking this very seriously and invesigating the Ogre.

Thoughts From Serenity said...

Dad and I are just in shock...we prayed for you all on our trip home...and then read your e-mail. I am so so very sorry, sad and angry! We sure pray the police can track this down...quickly. We have tried for a couple of hours to reach you on all the phone numbers we know. Wish you would have called on us on the cell phone...rather rough getting it via computer. Please give us call when you can. Just can't tell you the pain we feel for you all. Let us know if there is anything we can do. We are thankful (and praying) you are all okay...anxious to hear your voice. We love you lots...Mom & Dad

Dale said...

How horrible! Glad the pic on my blog offered you some peace of mind, Stace. I'll pray for your continued safety. Try not to worry.

SJ said...

My God, Stace! Of course I will be hping for you that this is just a bunch of kids or something... take care, ok? And - well, post every day so we know you're ok...

Dora said...

Well Good God! It's bad enough that you worry that he's found you but to have your animals killed....that's a big whammy there too. Don't you ever wish you could just erase parts of your past? I know I do.