Friday, August 12, 2005

For the record I didn't

My buddy YoJ had a - well an interesting event with her son - that reminded me of a story I'd love to share - if only to share her pain for a minute.

When Josh was about two and a half, we were at Olive Garden for a birthday lunch with my mom, dad and Jerra. I was a single mom at the time, so Olive Garden was a big treat. We were situated at a table in the garden area that had an umbrella. Our salads had been brought and we were just about ready for lunch when Josh leans over and says that he has to go to the bathroom.

Since we are in a nice resturant, I tell him that Grandpa will have to take him to the boys room. The conversation went like this:
Me: Honey, grandpa will take you because he is a boy, too.
Josh: Why can't you take me?
Me: Because I am not a boy - you and Grandpa are boys
JOsh: Why are we boys and not you
Me: because I'm a girl -you boys have a penis - and I don't have a penis
Josh: Oh, momma yes you do - it's in the drawer under the sink in your bathroom.

While this solved a problem for Josh - since now I could take him to the bathroom - a whole other set of problems presented themselves - since we were at lunch with my PARENTS!Laughter ensued - Dad did take him to the bathroom - my folks still don't believe that I didn't have a "penis" in my bathroom drawer.

2 comments:

J said...

Ohhh....

I tossed my hand over my mouth on that one!!! HAHAHAHA

SJ said...

Hahahahaha! YoJ must have more restraint than me, I just laughed out loud at this! Classic!