Monday, July 25, 2005

Yep - It's a Monday

First off, my boss redeemed herself by offering to come over and help me if I was still backlogged today - so now I am back to my regular nonplussed self enjoying the job.

I am covering inpatient today and luckily for me the referral load is really light and I am getting a lot of my other piddly things done - updating spreadsheets, filling out peer reviews and working on an insulin sliding scale teaching sheet to send home with patients.

It was hot this weekend - yea, it was hot everywhere. I hated to even venture outside. Justin had to go out of town - for three - possibly four days. I hate it when he's gone because I keep waking up reaching for him and in my sleep I can't figure out where he is - then I wake up completely , look around and realize that he is gone. I hate that. And I am WAY too old to get by with only a couple of hours of sleep. Come home soon, baby.

Football has cost me about twice as much as I planned - hope it turns out to be fun for the boys - but geez equipment is so expensive. The boys are playing in two seperate school systems - so I will have to jockey between two fields for practice - I will be insane - in need of Valium in a couple of weeks, so expect the decline of my ability to function over the next few weeks.

The highbush blueberries are just ripening at an amazing pace - certainly earning their keep in the yard - all the rest of my gardens look like - well they don't look like gardens that's for sure. I spent about two hours pulling weeds - and it still isn't enough. The ducklings have developed an uncanny ability to empty their water before I even close their pen - driving me absolutely crazy with the constant peeping noise - but at least they recognize who their momma is. I am going to have to get the bigger pen repaired - the one the girls smashed - so these ducklings have more room.

Saturday I got the iron chair set that came from Alison's painted - found a copper paint that really looks great with the reddish deck. I'll take some pictures. Also got my compost pile started - plenty of leaves still in the yard, so this will be an ongoing project. The wash is all done - not folded - but I did manage to get some bookshelves moved and unpack some boxes from Justin's house.

I am tired of the constancy of moving - seems like we have been in some state of disarray since September of last year and that it just hasn't stopped. Of course this too shall pass, but our schedules are making it difficult to get things done in a timely manner.

So it's Monday and I have some other deeper thoughts but I am reserving them for after lunch.

Hope you're having a good one!

1 comment:

Anvilcloud said...

It was not long ago that I learned from Swamp that blueberries grow up on bushes there. Up here they grow real low to the ground.