Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Seriously... This isn't a Monday???

I was awakened by the ringing of the cell phone alarm. I could hear the rain outside, but was already going through the list of things to do in my head.

Justin was tired and didn't get up until late - which meant I was also going to be late because we share a bathroom. Sharing doesn't really mean the way it sounds, usually, he gets ready first and I wait until he is done so I can hop in the shower.

So, he gets up late and I decided to tackle the dishes. We have family coming over tonight to drop some things off and I don't want the house to look like we live in pestilence, so I get the dishes done. Now it is 7:25 and he emerges from the bedroom ready to go - I still have to shower and get the ducks and dogs taken care of. I was hoping the rain would subside, but it doesn't.
I go outside still in my nightgown, barefoot, to take care of the ducks. The Pekin and Crested decide they are going to tour the yard rather than follow me this morning - so I spend 15 minutes trying to get them in the pen. Now it is 7:40 and I have to get water for the ducklings and my feet are dirty and my nightgown is starting to stick to my back because I am soaked.

I come back inside, hop in the shower and my fingers are cold - making the water from the shower seem like it is scalding hot. I take the fasted shower known to man and rush out to get dressed. As I am putting on my shoes, it occurs to me that I haven't heard the dogs. Shit.

I call Justin and he indeed kenneled the dogs - meaning that they are trapped and unable to get out to relieve themselves. More importantly, I will have to go out, now dressed for work, and let them out of the kennel into the mud and rain. Great. I switch shoes and clomp back out to their pen. I can't find Bear. She is notorious for escaping, so I search the edges of the pen looking to see where she dug out. Still can't find her - the rain is coming down harder and I am getting red mud splashed up the back of my pants . There is a loud crash behind me and THREE dogs come bursting out of the pen - Bear being in the back. Then I let Scout out of the kennel and bend one of the prongs on my ring. I run for my life out of the pen hoping none of them will jump up and spread red mud all over my clothes.

I get out to my van and the seat back on the drivers seat gives way. It now reclines back nicely - but offers no support while driving. I am seriously thinking about calling in sick.

I get to work, breakfast is good, the workload is good. I have to go back out to my van to get some insulin start kits - it is sprinkling when I leave the building but of course pouring on my way back in. I want a nap - I have put in a 10 -hour day from my stress level alone.
I seriously don't want to be at work and luckily I only have two more hours to kill until I can get outta here!

2 comments:

Badpatty said...

Remind me to spoil you some more, okay? You earned it this morning.

Hez said...

Awe that's sweet. (what patty said)

Wow. What a day. I actually worked 13 hours yuck! I didn't really do anything other than work either, blogged a bit, ranted on some annoying persons page and came home an ate ice cream.

Hope tomorrow runs a little smoother. :O)