Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Girls






I am desperately trying to find a home for the girls. Frankly, it sucks. I love them, I have no desire to get rid of them, but there is on way they can stay anymore.

In the last year we have had to hunt for them four times after their escapes from our yard - costing me over $200 in fees and reward money.

I have had to repair the fence - adding chicken wire over the top, around the doors and over the holes they made in the horse fence, I also had to run electric fence wire around the bottom - though this didn't keep them in the pen either. The fence and related repairs have cost another $300.

Add in the $350 we spent at the Animal ER for the ducklings - and the girls have just exhausted all my spending money for the year.

unfortunately, my heart doesn't know anything about money - or care much about it - so searching for a new home for them has just brought me to tears. I look at their sweet faces, and I just makes me so sad.

I think we have homes for them both - one potential taker is coming over tonight - the other later in the week, hopefully.

This weekend we get the kids back - that is another post, though. Next week we are bringing home a pair of goats - and a new box of ducks - it will be a new beginning - and a good diversion. But I am really gonna miss those girls.

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It's tough to deal with. Some say: Life sucks and then you die. I don't generally, but on some days ...

Badpatty said...

Agreed, AC. Today's really tough, as we're needing to get rid of the girls before we go and get the kids this weekend. Hey: would you like two great dogs? They like the cold.