Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Praktor ni Engelska?

We are leaving tomorrow for our honeymoon/family trip/getaway. About a year and a half ago, Justin's dad bought tickets for the family to go to Sweden with their frequent flyer miles. When I met Justin, last year, he had been talking about this trip with much anticipation - little did we know it would be our honeymoon trip!

It makes me a bit nervous to fly - I think because my dad had a plane crash when I was in the 5th grade. I always feel like I need to have my affairs in order and that I need to pray for protection. My parents say the rosary when they travel - as much for peace of mind as protection - and I have my grandfather's rosary to take along with me.

I am excited about the trip - have been packed for over 6 weeks now. We are flying seperately, mostly because we had to buy my ticket after the rest of the group - though I did get good flights and window seats. We are staying with extended family in Stockholm - and I am anxious to meet them all. Most people speak English - but I put together a few phrases in Swedish just in case - though I have not figured out how to find a bathroom yet - and that makes me a wee bit nervous.

It'll be quite for a week or so, here on the blog - and hopefully we can load some pictures when we get back. Godspeed us on our journey and God bless and keep you, dear reader, until we meet again.

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

What a busy little blogger you've been lately. Hope things work out with the pooches, and have a great trip.

Loner said...

Life has given me a lot to write about - oddly enough when I am not busy chasing kids, I have more time to write! Thanks for the kind words AC.

Dale said...

Bon Voyage you two. My niece has been in Sweden for the past year. She's coming home the end of this month. She's had a brilliant time. I pray you will too! Don't forget my card!

Jammie J. said...

I hope you two have a great time.

I'm glad the Lord brought you to a place of forgiveness for the dogs. The whole thing is just so sad. :(