Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Revisiting the scene of the Crime

We went through Lafayette this weekend. We were all together so I felt pretty comfortable until we stopped at Wal-Mart. I realized right away that we had the potential to run into the Ogre - so we hurriedly decided to hit another store further on our way.

Didn't think of him again until the ride home. The tailgate on the Cherry Van didn't close - so we stopped at McDonalds parking lot to close it. Unfortunately, I had not been thinking. When we stopped I saw the fear on my son's face. Fear isn't always rational - and of course we all looked around the parking lot for his silver Lincoln. It wasn't there. I hopped out quickly and adjusted the load in the back of the van and we got back on the road without incident.

Just a reminder - nearly a 9 months after we've left - we still get fearful of him - like an evil ghost that clings to our good memories of Lafayette.

5 comments:

Dale said...

That's so unfair, isn't it? Long after you've separated, your memories are still tainted. He took that from you. But there's hope for a happier future. And as long as you remain fearful, he'll continue to influence your quality of Life.

I wish you peace.

Loner said...

I think what upset me is that I know a dozen stories about men hwo behaved this way - and "got away" with it. To that end I have decided in true loner fashion to do something about it - enter the new blog whose link I iwll put up after I figure out how to do a couple of things on blogger.

Lora said...

Abusers like him rob others of joy and peace. I still have problems because of the predator I lived with for 11 years masquerading as a "father".

We can never really be free of the scars they have left us with, but if we forgive them then they no longer have power or control over us.

Forgivness is a hard place to reach but it's so worth it when you find it.

Love ya,

Lora

Anvilcloud said...

That must be pretty darn unnerving. To be away from that life must increase your joy exponentially.

Anonymous said...

take a look at this [url=http://moourl.com/vkj4x]HrHrHr.[/url]

need some help and a click i get 1 more