Thursday, June 02, 2005

Body Image

I read once that there is no supposed ot be in bodies. I see people everyday here at the hospital - and the array of what makes us is astounding. Length of bone, body wieght, hair, skin color -so much variation. This occurs to me becaues yesterday I was looking at a blog that had something akin to flat belly friday - pictures of girls with flat bellies and the obligatory sexy underwear. My first thought was how much I miss the days of a flat belly. Then I remembered that I gave up that belly after I had my daughter - then more lines as I added the sons. My belly bears the scars of three beautiful children - the muscles stretched to carry them. Some women have three kids - or twelve kids - and their bodies get back into line -not mine.

Body image is such a touchy thing. I really can't complain - my cholesterol is good, my blood sugar is good, my blood pressure is fine - everyting functions like it shoudl with a minimun of muscle pain when I overdo it. I don't really have any physical problems except that my stupid wieght won't come down. Truth is I know i need to exercise, I know that would do it but I am apparently not tired enough of it

No comments: