Monday, June 06, 2005

Remembering D-Day and other trivia

Busy today, but I wanted to post some interesting things I read about today. First of all , I have spent most of my life explaining to people the the mark of the Beast is 3 "6's" not the four in my birthday, so weirdign out about a June 6th birthday - well it is just plain silly.

Second I want to thank the nice girl at WalMart who carded me last week for the Killians - still happy about that.

And now for some bits of birthday trivia:
On June 6, 1944, the D-Day invasion of Europe took place during World War II as Allied forces stormed the beaches of Normandy, France.

In 1925, Walter Percy Chrysler founded the Chrysler Corporation.
In 1933, the first drive-in movie theater opened in Camden, N.J.
In 1934, the Securities and Exchange Commission was established.
In 1942, Japanese forces retreated in the World War II Battle of Midway.
In 1966, black activist James Meredith was shot and wounded as he walked along a Mississippi highway to encourage black voter registration.
In 1966, I was born to a single mom in Southfield Michigan - and adopted by my folks about a month later.
In 1968, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy died at Good Samaritan Hospital in Los Angeles, a day after he was shot by Sirhan Bishara Sirhan.
In 1985, authorities in Brazil exhumed a body later identified as the remains of Dr. Josef Mengele, the notorious “Angel of Death” of the Nazi Holocaust.
In 1987 I went with my parents, while about 8 months pregnant with Jerra, down to Union Station to have my first legal drink - a Strawberry Daqueri.
Ten years ago: U.S. astronaut Norman Thagard broke NASA’s space endurance record of 84 days, one hour and 16 minutes, aboard the Russian space station Mir.
In 2000, the kids were at my folks for the summer, so I went out to dinner with Steph, Barb, and Helen to the Holiday Inn in Chinle Arizona for free-range chicken.
In 2004, We were driving back home from Kansas City where we had stopped on our way home from Steph and Mark's wedding.

3 comments:

hedlund said...

Happy Birthday Kiddoe!

Chris said...

Happy Birthday, Stacey! Have fun with the new Ducks!

Lars said...

Happy Birthday!