Thursday, November 24, 2005

Things I am Thankful for

A husband who actually loves me back
My folks
My dad in remission from cancer
My mom being brave enough to consider adoption in the first place
Memories of thanksgiving in Kansas City
Bear - each and every day she astounds me and I cannot express how amazed I am at how fantastic she is
Josh- his quick wit, his soft heart, his ability to surprise even himself, he brings me great joy especially when he says : mom, you gotta come look at this on the screen
Jake - his huge tender heart and that he comes to hug me almost knocking me over every day when I get home
Lora - my girl who always comes through when I need her - we have been friends since before Josh was born and she is one of the best things that ever happened to me.
My inlaws, who are mostly fun to be with and who like me - thank goodness
Steph - my buddy - and now sleepy new momma. A friend who always has time for me - ( and also that I get to come see her in two weeks!!!! woohoo!)
Alison - though I don't know where things are with us anymore, she was my friend through a lot of rough times and I miss her
Tammy - who has made me get out of the house to do something for myself at least once a week Shirsten - my sister in law - who amazingly is also a girl I would have picked as a friend anyway
My daily reads, through the writings of John, Maggie, Chris, Taza, Dora, Marc, Dale, Jeanna, Ian, Jerra and Justin, I have learned about life, and loving and growing. It has meant a lot getting to know you all and I am so thankful that Justin talked me into starting a blog.
to keep this short, I am truncating the list of friends here
Also thankful that God has remained faithful to me, picking up the load for me when I cannot carry it anymore - and never forsaking me - even when I deserved it.

3 comments:

J said...

Loner-

Over supper yesturday, I thought of you & your family. I was thankful I met you & Justin when I did and for our friendship. :)

Lora said...

OK, I didn't see a Kleenex Alert posted on this one. You made me cry and I'm reading this in the public library. Not good!

You are a blessing to me, Stac. Someone who knows me and loves me anyway. We've been through so much together; things that made us laugh till we wet our pants, things that made us cry, and things we just as soon not remember and/or mention again(what happens in Broad Ripple, stays in Broad Ripple! ha-ha); but no matter what we have remained true friends! And for that I am eternally thankful. You are one in a million girl and I am blessed to be your friend.

Love ya,
Lora

Dora said...

I'm thankful for you too, Loner.
The more I learn about you the more I learn that we have traveled similar roads. Glad and thankful that God saw us to our "Plan B."