Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving

First, I am thankful for last night - an evening with no football where we actually had dinner before 8pm. I am not too thrilled about the huge drop in temperature - or the whipping winds which kept my feet feeling cold for hours - but I had a roof over my head, so what could I complain about.

Now on to the menu:
During football:
Hotwings and celery and baby carrots
Bleu cheese dressing
Cracked pepper crackers with summer sausage and cheddar cheese
Green and purple grapes

Dinner to die for....
spinach salad
cream of broccoli soup
Roast turkey with butter and fresh sage
Cornbread stuffing
Pear chutney
Green bean casserole
Sweet potatoes with brown sugar and pecans
Homemade dinner rolls
my mom's ( and Grandpa Loner's recipe) brown bread
pistachio pineapple salad
Pumpkin pie with toasted pecan crust
There is the possibility of lemon poppyseed bread, fig cake, gingerbread and chocolate chip cookies... but we will see how much cooking gets done on Wednesday when the kids are home.

Also I am thankful for my friends and family who have continued to pray that Justin would find a good job - there are at least two possibilities that did not exist yesterday morning when I was feeling the weight of the world. Funny how the moment I turn things over to God because I just can't carry it anymore - He comes through and does a much better job of carrying things.

6 comments:

nunya said...

Oh man....wish I had that menu instead of the "traditional" beige one at my in-laws' house...

SJ said...

Your menu sure sounds a lot better than my planned meal of a tin of baked beans :)

Anvilcloud said...

It makes me want to become an American for the day, so I can do the TG dinner once again!

Thoughts From Serenity said...

Ok, that does it!! Everything I like and I wouldn't have to cook this time!! Dad can go to KC...I'M COMING TO BAGWELL STREET!!! Sounds wonderful...I sure will miss you all! I'm so thankful for all of you. We will keep praying that a good job comes along - soon - for Justin.
Love you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Damn, Girl. I'm comin' to your house for Turkey Day. What a menu!

Y'all have a great Thanksgiving!

J said...

What the heck is brown bread and pistachio/pineapple salad? Fascinating!

Anyway- your supper sounds super tasty! Have a great holiday! XO