Thursday, November 03, 2005

Love has a mind of its own

Sometimes love comes at a time and a place we don't expect it. Rarely does it come in the package we expect - my husband has a penchant for tiny Asian women- I am a tall ( 5'10") definitely not tiny - or Asian. I have a thing for linemen and wide receivers - 6'2" - 6'5" you know, tall broad shouldered - and the love of my life - he is about 2 inches taller than me on a good day -and a soccer player.

My parents were born 14 days apart - baptized at the same church, same grade school through high school. They knew each other forever and have been married for 46 years.

I have an uncle by marriage who was astounded when he found my aunt, saying he was fat, forty and had four kids - and thought love had passed him by. Five years later, they are happy as clams.

My grandmother found my grandfather, and Irish Catholic, and risked being disowned by her father, a Scottish Protestant Stewart. But love called and nine kids and a lot of living later, they passed away just weeks from one another.

I have been privvy to a couple of really fantastic people who are newly in love - sometimes you luck out reading blogs and chance upon people who you genuinely like and think of as family, even though you've never been in the same room. Magz and her sister Taza are like that for me( okay you all know they aren't the only ones - but this part is about Taza!). I wanted to share something written by Farmer Chris - because each time I read it, well it just about makes my heart pop with joy for them.... and helps me to remember what a blessing and a rarity true love is.

2 comments:

Thoughts From Serenity said...

Nice post! You got it all right...true love can't be bought, found, forced or gotten rid of.....it is just a gift from God. If you get it..hang on to it and cherish it forever. Wishing happiness to your friend Chris! \
Oh yea.....love YOU lots!!
Mom

magz said...

it does.. leave ya all warm n fuzzy dont it stace. even tho she's been too busy in love to TALK TO HER OLE PAL HERE, ahem ahem..the love pouring out of chris n taz is just totally sweet..

i'm feelin a bit better, or at least better medicated, he he. love ya gal