Monday, November 07, 2005

Don't mess with my cubs

Typically I am a peaceful woman, I have my moments - and the closer I get to forty, the more I am finding I have some hormonal moments sneaking in - but usually I am pretty mild. After living through an abusive situation, the kids and I tend to try to avoid confrontation and walk away from fights.

I found out yesterday that some child has continued to harass Jake, trying to "jump him" at a football game. This child has been warned, Jake has walked away - and now I have to give my son permission to hit this kid - we reveiwed over dinner how to punch someone squarely in teh nose, find an adult and end the bullying. Unfortunatly, this boy has a brother on Josh's football team, so he is at every game. It is my hope to talk to his folks at the game next week - unless I canfigure out who they are before then, but sometimes things have to eb settled without the parents.

Joshua's new love interest has an exboyfriend - whose friends tried to start a fight with him at Friday nights playoff game. He is old enough and has enough friends, that I think he can work it out - but if it keeps up, I am not above calling that kids parents either. I had been dropping him off at the game to meet his buddies - but no more - next weekend I'm tagging along and keeping an eye on him - and this exboyfriend. It is a mom-job.

Kids are weird these days - and things we never would have thought of doing - like fighing with weapons -are done in this day and age.

Really , as I write this I think - these boys don't know what kind of trouble they are bringing upon themselves - it takes a long time to ignite my temper - but if you mess with my cubs, things will not go well for you.

No comments: