Monday, November 07, 2005

Southfield, Michigan 1966

My dad played football at the University of Detroit, back when they still had a football program. He and my mom lived in Michigan for a few years after graduation - and I still have the orange and black vase that was in those pictures of the house there from the '60s. I worked for a company doing HazMat consulting in the early 90's - and each time I drove through Southfield, there was a bit of emptiness. I visited St. Charles where I was baptized.

As I was checking stat counter - which I do only occasionally now - I saw that someone from Southfield Michigan visited my site. It always makes me wonder - if someone who knows my birthmother sees some commonality - as I am told there usually is - and ends up here. She would be about 58, and the eldest of 8 kids, the youngest of whom is a boy about three years older than I am - or so the "non-identifying information" from Catholic Charities said.

I always wondered what happened to her - if she married someone she was madly in love with - if she was happy with her life and if she knew that I was happy. I think in some ways she must be built like me - though I have a hard time letting people go out of my life, I don't like being a burden - this being the primary reason for never searching her out. The potential for life-disruption is very high for her - everyone around me knows I am adopted, and I cannot see where it would cause an issue here ( unless of course she needed money, and I don't have any , but I have some lovely ducks).

So if you know her - or you think you do - you are welcome to send me a note - I am chronically late in getting information updated, and I think the last time I updated the adoption database was about 8 years ago. Yea, I'm a slacker, I know.

No comments: