Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving in Color

First, a picture of the fig bread, made with the bourbon figs I canned over the summer, and the pumpkin chocolate chip bread, made with a real roasted pumpkin - none of that canned stuff...mmmmm
















The pre-dinner appetizer tray ( Breads on the top , then ginger cookies, brownies, no bake oatmeal cookies, summer sausage, red grapes, cheddar cheese, Ritz crackers, carrots, deviled eggs and dry roasted peanuts) and the WONDERFUL roaster where the turkey was cookin up. Uh, yes mom, that is still my morning coffee there to the left - and as usual, it is unfinished...














Kitten Bob and Sheila - the clean up crew getting the last bits out of the roaster...

4 comments:

SJ said...

That bread looks delicious! Wow...

My TG dinner was as expected - a tin of baked beans. And - I'm almost afraid to tell you this - I cut myself opening the tin... sigh...

Bear said...

Mom - everything was amazing...you did a great job!

nunya said...

Okay, your dinner looked SO much better than the one we ate. And I need the recipe for the pumpkin chocolate chip bread

taza said...

ditto for the recipe for no-bake oatmeal cookies!
and i love your yellow kitchen, so there!
:)