Monday, November 21, 2005

Cold Rain

It started raining last night. I rushed out to the pens to make sure the bucklings were covered from the storm - and found Fred and George huddled under the stairs, trying - and failing to stay dry. I managed to corral them into the pet carrier - despite their efforts at dragging me through mud and all kids of brush - which again tore my hands up. This morning found them warm and dry - though a little befuddled about why they had slept in a maroon box all night.

I couldn't find John at first, and eventually found him sleeping between Paul and Sheba - safe and warm and dry. I wandered back inside - the rain had soaked through my field jacket - my hair was dripping - and even a hot shower didn't make it any better.

I felt chilled - as I have for several days. My temperature seems to keep spiking and according to my lab work, there is nothing wrong. Which means that most of these symptoms must be a shot immune system - probably from stress. I don't know what is wrong - but I feel like it looks outside- like a cold rain just keeps pouring over me - and I can't get warm - and I can't get dry - and I can't get comfortable enough to sleep.

My instincts know that something is wrong.....

4 comments:

SJ said...

Sounds to me like you need a vacation sometime :)

Dale said...

Rest and proper nutrition, Stace. And some TLC from BP. ASAP.

Anvilcloud said...

Is the universe telling you to slow down and pamper yourself just a bit and just for a while?

Loner said...

you know - for guys - y'all are pretty intuitive! I had a bit of downtime last night - and I feel much better today. Funny how my body has more sense than my brain sometimes.