Tuesday, November 15, 2005

d'ja ever have one of those nights?


I ended up at the doctor's office yesterday evening - not my favorite thing, though I really like the doc.

I have assaulted my body over the past month, and between worrying about bills and Justin finding a job and worrying about the kids, the loss of our two baby goats and the five stitches in my finger, there have been a lot of negative stressors. Then there were good ones - my folks came to visit - there is the arrival of new goats, and three more to be added tomorrow - the addition of Sheila and both teenagers with a healthy relationship with a member of the opposite sex, football continuing to the championship and a number of projects now completed in the yard.

The upshot of this dissertation being that I think I have worn myself out. I went in last night because my blood pressure is up, I am tired and I have had this temperature for about five days. We did more blood work on top of what the GYN did and hopefully I'll find out what is going on when it comes bak today. I don't do being sick well - and frankly, I've had enough. I am achy - so before bed I took my cranberry juice with a bit of medicinal vodka.

About five this morning I started to dream. I drove to YoJ's place - but the yard had about a dozen boys in it - climbing trees, riding bikes, it looked like a playground out of a movie. There was one boy with a bunny in a harness hooked up to a fishing pole - I think that was from the vodka. I went inside and she was making breakfast - luckily for me it was cheesecake for breakfast - so now she is about my favorite person on the planet. Anyway we walked around talking to all the kids which for some reason were hers. I can remember vaguely talking to her husband who ironically thought I was up to something - right then kitten Bob came sprinting down the hallway and his bell woke me up.

I love it when I sleep well enough to have vivid dreams. I keep trying to plan a weekend away to sneak up and hang out with my girl YoJ, but football keeps getting in the way - eventually, though. So thanks to a bit of medicine, I got to visit YoJ anyway - and now I know that she makes a mean cheesecake.... or perhaps I just dreamed it up.

4 comments:

Bear said...

I wanna go see Yoj...I'll give up a weekend with Joey to go see her any time...HAHA

J said...

HAH! You dreamed about me and whats this about having 12 boys? Good grief woman! THAT was the vodka talking- more than the fishing bunny. Hahah.

Yall come on up whenever you want! We'll go stay downtown and make it a fun girls weekend & I'll show you the sights!

Dale said...

Experts say we dream every night, but I rarely remember my dreams.

Anonymous said...

Did ya ever have one of those dreams, where halfway through the dream you realize that you're dreaming and you just "go with the flow"? Those are the best!! You can be flying or doing something that is totally supernatural, and you control the joystick. I love that!!!