Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Tagged

I was tagged by my buddy the Wash Lady so here goes:

Total Books I Own: I'd bet about 400 - possibly more. During the move, even though lots of things didn't' make it, it seemed like every other box was marked books. My grandfather was an English teacher -- thus a huge pile of paperbacks: Voltaire, Twain,Hemingway, Shakespeare - you name it. Add to this a monstrous collection of Little Golden Books that I bought for the kids.

Last Book I Bought: Come Thirsty by Max Lucado - so far so good, but I've never read any of his books that I didn't think were good.

Last Book I Read: The Sexy Years by Suzanne Somers - bio-identical hormones, great information on preimenopause and hormone replacement - she survived breast cancer - she's smarter than her persona would reveal.

5 Books I enjoyed:
1. Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes hands down favorite - still referring to it 11 years later
2. The Poem of the Man-God Maria Valtorte - best kept secret in the Catholic Church
3. In the Eye of the Storm Max Lucado - talks about how God sees us through crisis
4. Parenting Isn't for Cowards Dr James Dobson - yep he's right about that
5. Outlander, Voyager, Dragonfly in Amber, Fiery Cross, Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon - incredible, intriguing historical fiction - couldn't put these books down, can't wait for the next one.

I'm going to add one more - best book explaining metabolic problems including diabetes was The Schwarzbein Principle - by Diana Schwarzbein

okay - I'll have to post later and pick who else to tag!

1 comment:

Dora said...

Finally sneeking over to check out your answers.
You and I have similar taste in books - I finished Come Thirsty in January. Superficial, but worthy of consideration and pondering.
Thanks for participating.