Thursday, February 23, 2006

Windfall

Well, I have spent the last month wondering how we were going to make two house payments on top of all our regular bill this month. I have been pryaing for peace - but praying even harder that I do not become a royal pain in the ass from worrying - which I have a tendency to do.

Yesterday, Justin called me with great news, we overpaid our escrow, they sent us a check - it will pay the second mortgage for two months. Woopee!!!

Well that inspired me to do our taxes to see if all those little deductions would get us a bit of cash back. I found out they dont' let you deduct goats - since they don't have a social security number - but the kids were sure deductable! And we are getting a nice tax refund - enough that we will have a bit of a pad and I can replace my savings. We are going to use a bit of the refund for the kitchen - the counters and backsplash are in dire need of replacement - and since I don't like to use credit if I can avoid it, I'll be able to do it!

Do I believe prayer works? Over and over again I go before my Father and I am taken care of - money comes from unexpected places, bills are paid, wonderful people are placed in my path, someone says just what I needed to hear. This morning I am thankful - and my cup overflows.

4 comments:

Badpatty said...

Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this all on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel

Sarah said...

God IS good. He makes promises to us and He keeps them. He will never fail. Thanks for sharing your blessing.

Ariel said...

Prayer is a powerful thing indeed...

Bear said...

I believe what you meant was..."My cup runnesth over." dork. I love you Momma, and yeah...prayer most definitly works. Seems things are going our way. I finally have a job too, which may not help a ton, but it will a little. I love you Momma - Bear