Friday, February 10, 2006

Oh the Places you'll Go...

Thank you for your kind thoughts and words - when there are people holding you up it is amazing how strong you can feel.

I think things went well today, I liked the doctor, liked the nurses and dieticians, liked the nurse practitioner a lot. There was never a time when it actually felt like an inteview - almost more like a date - we asked a lot of questions, gave some suggestions, tried out some scenarios -and end the end went to grab lunch. I love the office with the ruby and gold designs on the upholstery and the sloping evergreens right out the window - I could get some things done in that room.

I started off my day the right way - with an Egg McMuffin, diet Coke and a minute in the chapel complete with holy water and a big bronze cross, just to keep my head straight. Saint Joseph stood overlooking the screens with CNN and the hospital advertisements and portraits of angels five feet high graced the walls behind cherry red overstuffed chairs as I waited for the office lady to open her door.

I feel like I am cheating a little - I love my job, love the folks I work with, so interviewing felt like going behind their backs. And yet, not taking an opportunity is a little like cheating myself.

Martin Luther King said : Not everyone can be famous, but everyone can be great. Greatness comes from serving others. He is right. We are not called to do great deeds, but small deeds with great love. Being a boss is an opportunity to serve others, to be the hands and feet of God in a very practical sense, so perhaps that is where things are headed for me.

Perhaps this will be my new path - perhaps I will stay on the same one - but by Wednesday I will know which direction things are going. And so the waiting begins.

6 comments:

SJ said...

These are going to be the longest 5 days of your life!

Badpatty said...

Wednesday? I have to WAIT UNTIL WEDNESDAY?!

Aaaaauuuugh

Anvilcloud said...

... an Egg McMuffin, diet Coke A kinded spirit. Well, two outta three ain't bad.

Ariel said...

Oh! Good Luck! You'll get it!

Madcap said...

Holding my breath for you....

Cala Lily said...

I wish you joy and a life filled of small things done with great love.