Tuesday, February 14, 2006

20 reasons I'm happy to be a newlywed on Valentine's Day

1 He has a J name, just like the rest of the family
2 He loves me in spite of my colorful past
3 He has a good sense of humor and giggles at the dinner table
4 He sits with Jake every evening to get homework done
5 He worries about what time Bear is coming home
6 He takes the kids to Mass even when I don't go
7 He buys me presents that fit my personality - like a tiller
8 He sings in the bathroom - well
9 He has more gray hair than I do
10 He is addicted to having animals, just like me
11 He isn't afraid of hard work
12 He understands Josh's converstations about movies and directors and stuff
13 He likes football almost as much as I do
14 He makes the bed - without being asked
15 He loves me back - even when I am a royal pain in the ass.
16 He kisses that spot on my neck
17 He asks questions about things that are important to me - like faith
18 He lets me talk endlessly about fruit trees, and Mother Earth News and the yard
19 He held my hair back - more than once - without complaining
20 He married me and loves all of us, because we are his now.

5 comments:

MariaJo said...

Awwww.... You're a very lucky woman. I hope I find someone like that someday. :D

SJ said...

Sweet!

What's a tiller?

Loner said...

Yep, I waited a long time to find this one - I am very lucky in deed.

And a tiller, Ian, is like an automated plow for churning up the soil.

Ariel said...

It is lovely to be with someone who will hold your hair when you are sick. And love you all the time. You are so blessed!

Bear said...

A guy that holds your hair is most def a plus...