Sunday, February 12, 2006

Today it was such a full moon

Last week was stressful - good stressors, but interuption of sleep stressors.

Anyway, Sunday being the day of rest, I got up and fed the critters with justin and headed to the store. For some reason h)me d3pot did not have the fan switch I wanted - so that was a bust, then W4lm4rt didnt' have any decent meat for less than $2.99 a pound - so I ended up with good Valentines treats, but no dinner items. I decide to hit Kroger after breakfast and a bit of rest. Just then the hubby calls, he is making strawberry pancakes with my leftover strawberries and he needs sausages. Can you have pancakes wihtout sausage? I don't think so.

So off to Kroger I go. I find lots of meat on sale, I load my cart and go through the self check out. The hamburger doesn't ring up right. The guy GIVES IT TO ME FOR FREE. It is their policy that if the tag and the scanner dont' match, you get it for free. Thank you Kroger for $10 of hamburger.

On the way home, I called Justin to tell him my good fortune. Just as I hung up, a maroon bowling ball came out of an open garage and down the driveway in the middle of the upcoming turn. I slowed down and somehow missed it. How weird is that - a stray bowling ball.

I ended up having a lovely breakfast of sausages and pancakes - then we crashed - like deep sleep in five minutes - and we slept for about three hours. That my friends, is why it was designated a day of rest. Because more often than not, you actually need a rest!

3 comments:

Envoy-ette said...

That is strange...the bowling ball. At least it wasn't a black cat!

SJ said...

Can't beat free food Stace! Expecially when coupled with stray bowling activity :)

Ariel said...

The moon IS full. No wonder I'm feeling so emotional...but that makes perfect sense.
The bowling ball is really something, though.