Monday, February 20, 2006

uphill

Did you ever do something to help someone else because you were forced into it? I am having a really tough time being gracious because I am doing this out of necessity - not because I want to do it. I have always believed that to help someone is to do an act of service, and those actions are the hand of God at work. But all the hours and sore muscles are because someone else dropped the ball. Not because they were physically unable to do something - but because over and over again the choice was made to do something else.

I don't mind helping - I don't even mind hard work. I do mind working my ass off and giving up my weekends - with the expectation that I am helping - only to find that I am doing the majority of the work.

It sucks - it pisses me off and honestly, I have blown any chance of all this service going to the Glory of God because I am so freaking angry about having to do it in the first place.

So there.

1 comment:

Thoughts From Serenity said...

Well....bet you feel better!! :)
I love you!!