Wednesday, April 19, 2006

These boots are made for walking


"I'd marry her all over again," he told Rolling Stone. "Because I still love her. It would be a lot easier to walk away if I didn't." Nick Lachey, speaking about Jessica Simpson.

I read this story today - mostly because I am an incurable romantic. I thought the breakup of these two was sad. There was the whole aspect to their story that had the promise of them making it - she waited to sleep with him until they got married. It was a good way to start off - each being respectful of the other. But after reading his quote, it seems even more tragic that they didn't make it.

Finding someone you truly love - someone you are willing to spend your life with - is not an easy thing. It is so very easy to get married - and to say the words "til dath do us part" and then feel justified when things don't work out and we walk away. It astounds me how easily people throw that all away - throw each other away like Dixie cups. People like to think the worst of others - and if you have been to the grocery in the past three months, you have seen their faces plastered all over the tabloids with accusations of all kinds of ugly things. I can't imagine being able to ignore that as a 40-year old, let alone as a girl in her twenties.

I don't know really what happened between these two, but when I read his quote, it just made me sad. It is one thing to get divorced because the love is gone - or worse one person has become a homicidal philanderer....sorry, I digressed.... but it is so tragic to see people end their lives together when one person still genuinely loves the other.

2 comments:

SJ said...

Very true, Loner.

taza said...

i have never married just b/c i DO take those words so seriously!