Monday, April 17, 2006

Funny

In about ten days we will celebrate our anniversary. We have more "kids" in the house than we did last year, we have lost some babies and saved some babies; seen Bear finish high school and start real life, watched Josh struggle with popularity and self image and girls, and Jake, well Jake is a whole other story ( you recall the " I have a girlfriend, she's white and she's so HOT).

Overall it has been a pretty darn good year. Now that I am here for good - I have started to find some people I just genuinely like. Funny how meeting people who sell me goats has led to some pretty good friendships - and even weirder that I have some buddies I correspond with, mainly through the blog, who feel like people I've known for years.

I came to the realization that I have found what my folks have. Someone I love dearly - someone I love enough to find him occasionally infuriating and surprising - even though I claim to know him so well. Most importantly, he finds the same in me - and doesn't take any crap - challenging me when I behave like a butt. A good match should be just that - a matching of strengths and weaknesses. I learn more about myself and things I need to change each day - only this time, I am discovering them gently - instead of having my nose rubbed in my poo. (sorry there's quite an image!)

Love is such a funny thing. It is only fitting that two years after we met at a wedding, we will again be at a wedding that same weekend - and nothing is more fun that big family weddings!

3 comments:

SJ said...

I'm glad you've found happiness, Loner. I wonder now, if your blog name still applies? :)

Christopher said...

"occasionally infuriating and surprising" :)

Sounds like a good way to celebrate an aniversary!

Take care

Madcap said...

Congratulations! Many years!