Friday, April 21, 2006

Excitement at our house...

My folks came by for a surprise visit on Monday night - it was great adn as usual, we stayed up way past my bedtime. It was good to see my folks, but a bit disturbing. Anyone who has seen my folks over the last three years has seen them with Scruffy, thier dog in tow - I mean just about everywhere. I asked my dad cwhy they didn't bring him on their trip. HE told me that Scruffy has seperation anxiety - and he thought the dog should get used to being seperated from him. It troubles me that he sounds defeated by the cancer - and his trip seemed like a farewell tour. So it was certainly bittersweet -but I did get to show off the gardening I have been working on and show off all of our animals - and that was fun.

In a surprise move, Miss Jerra - my soon to be college girl - was accepted to a college just north of town - and accepted with an offer of a $6000 scholarship! WOO HOO!!!! It was my preference all along - so I am thankful for divine intervention which will hopefully start her off in the right spot. Who says a child cannot be raised by a single mother and still do well... they were mistaken.

Also, thanks to my buddy Tammy for inspiring me - I went to her house this week and was showered with heirloom seed that she willingly shared - and she solved my garden dilemna - I am going to use those pine logs littering my yard to construct a raised bed this weekend - and I couldn't be happier about it.

Hope you have a happy Friday and a great weekend - I am off to have lunch with my husband!

3 comments:

Madcap said...

That's wonderful that your girl will be so close. Woo Hoo Indeed!

nunya said...

Glad I could be of assistance! Come back for more bamboo any time!

Badpatty said...

Tammy, they loved it. They went through all of it in about ten minutes.