Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Questions, Mr Wayne,.... too Many Questions

My hackles would rise, if I had them, to the idea that there is a way a woman is "supposed" to be
It infuriates me that day after day I am dissatisfied
My hips are too broad, my brows too thin,
My house is messy, my kids are loud,
I forgot to shave my legs and I wore a skirt

And yet when I am still, in church, standing before God
I know that He loves me - and I don't deserve it

What is it in our society, in our rearing that tell us that what we are is not enough?
And who decided what "enough" is - some Hollywood airbrushed model ( who is also miserable by the way, only she can afford better drugs)
Would a smaller waistline make me a better nurse?

Why is it that a human life has less value than a wrist watch?
We pay hundreds of dollars to buy a dog, but don't even flinch when hear about people dying on the news.

Why do we always want what we can't have and dream of better things?
I have more stuff - but it still needs to be put away.

Why do we feel it is appropriate to sit in judgement over someone else's life?
Why do I feel like I still have to apologize for something stupid I did in my twenties - that is ridiculous - and I can't go back and fix it.
Would behaving properly have made me a better mother? Would it have been honest?
Why do we feel alone when surrounded by others?
and who decided that working moms should have to work two full time jobs?

And why do people get so caught up in who is getting the short end that they are willing to throw away a committment to love each other forever?

Why do some people get genes that make them able to match their clothes and decorate their homes and organize things like in a magazine - but others of us able to create, but unable to recognize a mess if we walked through it.

I just have a lot of questions today - and maybe it is only the full moon, but I just feel unsettled.

No comments: