Thursday, March 30, 2006

Garden frustrations

Can I bend your ear for a moment and express my utter frustration with my inability to get outside and work to clear the land for my garden? I ahve it picked out. I have cut five bruch piles which are nearly 5 feet highWeeks and weeks have gone my and still there is brush covering the area I intended to use for my garden. Afternoons are in the 70s here, the sun in shining - I need to get my plants in. But the soil continues to rest and I am frustrated by this.

There are days that I miss being mom to one bitty kid and setting my own schedule. Now it seems there are too many things to do - adn no one else has time to help get the garden ready.

So for today I am whining - but by Easter the area will be cleared and planted - don't come through my kitchen though, I am giving up dishwashing in lieu of cutting more brush!

3 comments:

SJ said...

And they say gardening is relaxing... :)

Anonymous said...

If you let your kitchen get dirty enough, you can just plant your seeds in the kitchen. No need to go outside. Just a thought.

nunya said...

On the bright side, you only have to clear it once....maybe you can barter some duck eggs for a bush hog rental.