Friday, March 03, 2006

HMMMMM.....

Last night I went to Kroger and bought meat and ice cream related stuff. When I got to the checkout - the Ben & jerry's rang up just fine, but my sugar-free popsicles and sugar-free fudge pops ( you know, the healthier versions of dessert I bought myself) sent up a red flag. The cashier said they had a "limited Quantity" alert. What in the world???? Ben & jerrys, works just fine, maam, but you can't have those diet popsicles, there is a limit.

I am still not sure whether this is a compliment - like dont worry about the diet, you are just fine the way you are ---- or the ultimate insult - you are already fat, just chuck down that Ben and Jerrys and be happy.

Turns out the alert was just a recall, they had passed their expiration - which is also weird because they are FROZEN POPSICLES. Whatever, I had a wee bit of the Dublin mudslide after dinner and apparently that will have to suffice.

2 comments:

Alcuin Bramerton said...

In my opinion, your spelling of the word "dessert" is correct.

Cala Lily said...

Fudgesickles have an expiration date? Who knew?

Oh God. I guess I best go eat all of mine right now.