Thursday, March 30, 2006

Faithfulness

We - actually I can't speak for anyone else, I am struggling a bit - pressures at work, pressure at home, always another person in need of my time, Justin's struggle to find work, Bear at work, finding a college and trying to be a grown up, Josh trying to find his place in the world and Jake, blessed by just enough ADHD distraction that he doesn't notice the struggle. O blessed peace.

With the money we got from our wedding, we intended to get a bed. I had picked out a really great one with teh curtains that go around it. But each time I went to teh store to pick it up somethign was wrong. Until the last trip where I was informed they no longer were making that bed and I couldn't buy one. It would have run us about $400 - but it was a nice investment.

Well, months have passed, and other needs presented themselves - the money has been spent on a new gas stove - and the mattress and box springs remained on the floor.

Until yesterday. On the hospital bulletin board there was an ad for a mission style bedframe for $75. I called the gentleman, and he told me he had already arranged to sell it to someone else.

About 30 minutes later, while pushing my Home D*pot cart, he called me back and gave me directions. As an aside, he may be a great nurse, but he sucked at directions. I turned around at least four times on the long and deserted road to his house. Just thankful he wasn't an axe murder.

The frame is beautiful - solid pine which is lighter than the rest of our furniture - but it'll do in a pinch.

So last night at 9:45 we put our bed together. It was sturdy and clean and fit just perfectly in between our nightstands.

And I slept better than I have in months on a new bed...our new bed...and life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a big ol' comfy bed inside and some fertile soil outside. You are a low maintenance kinda gal, ain't ya?

SJ said...

Sometimes the simpler things in life are the ones that give us the most comfort :)