Saturday, March 18, 2006

"Holy Shit"

Yes, that is exactly what my mom said when she realized that not only was I on the phone with her, but that I was actually in Reihle Brothers, right in front of her. We left VERY early( read alarme going off at 4am) yesterday to surprise my mom and got to the pub just in time.

It was a long drive, the boys forgot the converter to the Playstation - so you can imagine the joy of driving 10 hours.

We did stop off for a phenomenal lunch at Arbys - since we had dispensation for St. Patrick's day and it is amazing that a good lunch can cover a multitude of trials during the day.

Then the pub - bigpipers, a boxing match in the back area of the bar, pool tables, darts and a wealth of relatives and thier kids. It was just spendid. I had corned beef, new potatoes and cabbage - and it was grand. Thank God that I married a man who tolerates my impulsivity - it seems to be working out.

My dad did a good job with the surprise, calling me once we got up to Buffalo to see if I was on my way, and pretending it was one of his tutoring students. Pretty funny.

Bear stayed behind this trip - to feed and water the animals and to work - but she was missed.

After a breakfast of blueberry pancakes and bacon, we are back home this afternoon. It was a flying trip - but totally worth the effort. Hope your St Pats was spelndid!

2 comments:

SJ said...

Sounds like a great time was had! That's great!

My SPD was dull :( No one I knew wanted to celebrate with me, so I ended up home, reading. I feel old these days haha...

Thoughts From Serenity said...

Stacey!!! Don't tell all your "blogger" friends what I said!! hehe...but it was a WONDERFUL SURPRISE!! So good to see you all...missed my Bear, but what a blessing to have you all show up! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Loved my gifts too!
What great St.Patty's Day thanks to you all...Love you all!!
Mom
PS...Ian just needs to plan St. Patty's Day better next year and come on over and join us!! I promise I won't say any bad words!!