Monday, October 23, 2006

Okay, okay, It IS Mayo Clinic, and I should have expected more

Friday night, my mom calls me. I am still a bit off because of the not so great news from Thursday -hearing that the cancer is not curable since he did not respond to the RICE chemo was pretty devastating. They are still at Mayo clinic and the doctor called them Friday to arrange another chemo regimen. This is a surprise because the last conversation was that they would be headed home - and starting chemo there. Now, they are staying through the week to have kidney surgery ( okay, that sounds like they are both like " hey sign me up! Kidney surgery! What a blast!")

After the surgery to replace the kidney stents, Dad will start Rituxin again - along with some steroids to help shrink the tumors and prep him for even more chemo once they head home. The doctor didn't want to give up- so he is trying something outside of the normal treatment.

So.... Instead of going up next week, I am headed up to Mayo tomorrow. I cooked like a madwoman yesterday - chicken with wild rice, Beef vegetable soup, pot roast, enchiladas, and I will finish up some chili this afternoon- so that the boys won't have to worry about dinner.

I am leaving three boys in my house for a week.

Just let that soak in for a minute.

Yep - that right there is a leap of faith!

You know this is the way it goes for me - Justin gets work at the temp agency - has work every day this week - and this is the week I will be gone.

Did you notice I changed my little icon to a tornado? That is the way things feel - and I thank God over and over that I am not a person who is neat and tidy and needs routine - cause that just ain't happening these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers during the next week. I know things are crazy, but I'm sure the guys will be ok at home, especially since you've prepared all that yummy food for them. :)

((((HUGS))))

jill said...

Praying for you all.