Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It's a beautiful day


Did you know that Claude Monet was an athiest for most of his life? He converted late in his life to Christianity, but it surprised me when I read this because the man spent nearly his entire life focused on bringing the Earth's colors and light to canvas. Odd how a person can appreciate the Creation and miss the Creator.


Yesterday was a day of small blessings. At breakfast, I talked to a friend who assured me that letting Justin handle this thing with his folks was the right course of action. I don't want to turn the other cheek, I don't want to work toward peace - but it is the right thing to do. The day just got better from there. I can get my car repaired - by someone I trust - for less than I was quoted at other repair shops. My daddy sent me a note - and a check - money he probably can't afford to send me - because he is a good dad. The chiropractor worked Jake in and popped him back into shape before practice.

Then about 10 my dad called. Even though the last round of chemo didn't do much, it did at least keep the tumors from growing, so they are goign to schedule him for a bone marrow transplant at Mayo beginning in November. That is great news. Unexpected news. And again there is a glimmer of hope where it had started to fade.


This hilljack picture is of Miley, Koda and Betty - out by the entrance to the goat pen. Betty is full grown, now. Koda ( the mostly white one) and Miley ( the mostly grey one) are only 5 months old. As a point of reference - that is a 5-gallon bucket behind Koda. Once the rest of our land is fenced off, they will be in with the goats to help guard them while we are away at work. Ol' cute puppies!

1 comment:

SJ said...

Perhaps he appreciated how everything evolved :)