Tuesday, October 17, 2006

All Things Work for Good...


Mostly, I am an optimist. I don't apologize for that exactly, but I know that it taints how I see even the worst things. It is a self-preservation measure - and since it seems to be working, I guess I'll just keep doing it. Maybe believing that this might be the day that problems resolve themselves- or that hope pays off - is what keeps a person waking up in the morning - 'cause you just never know.

My father in law offered to buy me a ticket - I decided to turn it over and let someone help me. He didn't help me - and so this morning, I had to look at plane tickets. Well, I was able to set my own schedule, and with a little fiddling, I got a flight nearly $150 cheaper than the original quotes, that flies right into Rochester, so I don't need a rental car - and I will still get plenty of time with my folks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loner,
This is no time to quit being an optimist. Hang on there, kiddo!

BTW, that photo looks familiar. Didn't I take a nap there...with a baby goat?

Anonymous said...

Sweet!

~Lora

Anvilcloud said...

You are very good at overcoming obstacles, but you probably feel as though you wouldn't mind a bit of help every now and then. Too bad about FIL bailing out.

Doolittle Ranch said...

Being an optimist is a good thing, there are always two ways of looking at things. Usually I find things happen for a reason so who knows what FIL saved you from....(:maybe someday you will.

Envoy-ette said...

I believe something CAN come from a bad thing. That's where I am now. Who knows what's in store? Just keep plugging away.

Christopher said...

Sigh, about family. Good about flying directly into Rochester, beats the flying and then driving.