Friday, October 20, 2006

The Neverending story



This is a picture of my folks taken last month at a garden in Indiana. I liked it so much that I stole the image from their Care Pages. My Grandpa Loner used to wear a hat like the one my dad has on. I have my grandpa's hat in my bedroom where I can see it each day - and it is funny to see my dad with the same hat.

It is late, and I am sleepy, but wanted to share a bit about the latest news. The oncologist at May has regained my trust because even though they couldn't do the transplant, they didn't just send him home, they came up with alternatives. That impressed me. More than I can say. On Monday, dad is having surgery to replace his kidney stents. Then Tuesday, he will have Rituxan, a chemo he has had successfully in the past to help shrink the tumors that are putting pressure on his kidneys. I am going to try to move my ticket so that I can be up there this week with them instead of next week. We'll see how it works out. My husband assures me that he is exceptional at changing tickets!

Thank you so much for the outpouring of support and prayers. I should feel devastated, and yet, there is mostly peace - and concern for my folks, who also seem to be at peace. That sensation only comes through prayer - so thank you for holding us up during a time that it is hard to stand alone.

3 comments:

Dale said...

You're welcome, Stace. You're so very, so completely welcome.

*

Mahala said...

*hugs*

Robert said...

Just found you on another blog and wanted to offer up prayers and encouragement, sounds like you have a deep well along with your family there!!! Gods richest blessings and peace cover you your mom and dad as difficult times physically,emotionally and others happen. Thank you for sharing on your blog.