Thursday, October 19, 2006

Buying Time

What the hell is that supposed to mean. I just got word from my folks that the bone marrow transplant is no longer going to happen - that the tumors are growing too fast, and are now too big for a transplant - so they are headed back home. They are going to try yet another chemo - Fludaribine - which hurts the bone marrow - and will eliminate the possibility of cure - or transplant - for good. They are just buying time, the doc said.

And what I want to know is how much that time costs, because I'll be happy to pitch in on the purchase price.

5 comments:

SJ said...

I don't know what to say, Stace. I'm so sorry :(

J said...

(crying as I read this..)

I love you guys Stace and whatever I can offer to you & yours, let me know.

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

I'm in shock as I'm sure you are too. I got your message but it was 10:30 p.m. before I listened to it and didn't want to wake you. I'll call tomorrow.

There are no words that can make this any easier. I do know how it feels as my Dad was given just a few months with his heart and it wasn't any easier when he did leave this world. It's been 6 years and I still miss him everyday.

Talk to him as much as you can now, tell him what he means to you, this is not the time to hold back with anything you have to say to him. I still remember my last words to Daddy and his to me. I called and as he as handing the phone over to Mom I said "I love you, Daddy." and he said "I love you too, here's your Mom." That's the last words he ever spoke to me and I can still hear them.

My heart breaks for you, Stace. If I can do anything at all, listen, come visit, hold your hand, you let me know.

Love you,
Lora

Anonymous said...

I don't have much to say, Stace. But I'm here, beside you in spirit, as it were. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Stace. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be praying for your dad and for you & your family.

Kathy