Friday, October 06, 2006

The 8th of November and the Van Zants


This weekend is packed. Just chocked full beyond words. I offered to help a friend move tonight and then drop Josh off at another friend's house. Saturday we have concession stand duty, followed by a game followed by a concert. Sunday there is coffee and donut duty, followed by CCD then laundry then teen CCD - then back to work.

Oh, the concert. We are going to a fundraising concert for a monument for the soldiers of the 173rd Airborne who gave their lives and were involved in a myriad of conflicts including the 8th of November, immortalized in the Big & Rich song. The picture is of their friend, a man from the Brigade who told them the story of the 8th of November, 1965. He lives in the Dakotas now - and the song is about him. Playing are Lynard Skynard, Big & Rich, John Anderson, Cowboy Troy, and the Lost Trailers. I can hardly wait. It is a good cause, it will be a great concert.

Funny how a musical group can lure you in. I started as a Big & Rich fan when I heard Wild West show - and they won me with Holy Water over during that really dark time before I left Indiana.

Somewhere there's a stolen halo...
Someone ran away with her innocence
A memory she can't get out of her head
I can only imagine what she's feeling
When she praying, kneeling at the edge of her bed
When she prays take me away, protect me Father
Surround me now and hold, hold ,hold me
Like Holy Water

1 comment:

Lora said...

Cowboy Troy is from Dallas! If you get a chance tell him your girl, Lora, loves her a big ole' black cowboy and to call her! ha-ha He is a cutie and looks pretty darn good in those Wranglers!